Daily, I realize how much I have learned from them.
My 18 year old Chloe weathered the vagaries of the French educational system to be accepted to one of the world’s greatest universities.
She is centered and refined but always ready to laugh.
My 14 year old Gabriella who battled in early life with meningitis and speech difficulties is fast becoming a beautiful, cultivated and determined young woman.
Last Sunday, Gabriella won 1st in a horseback riding competition. An expert equestrian, her journey on the horse has become most
symbolic for me. Among the many lessons about life we have learned together, the following stand out:
- Never ever give up
- Be humble
- Admit Mistakes…and learn from them
- Patience beats impatience every time
- Don’t look left and don’t look right. Look straight ahead with head high and shoulders back.
- Compete hard but never compare yourself with others
- Focus on the next jump. That is the only thing that matters
- Success is what is in your head…and your heart.
- Sensitivity to others (including the horse) counts immeasurably
- Concentrate on the little stuff but never forget the big vision
- Have fun
- Be passionate
Lessons for a little girl and her mother. Lessons for those embarking in social media. Lessons for life.