(Want to learn more about how to succeed in mobile marketing? Please download my free “Secrets to Successful Mobile Marketing” video now)
1. 40% of US smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device when they are shopping inside a store (HubSpot). So, the moral is, if your site isn’t optimized for mobile use, you could definitely be missing out on sales. On your mobile site, make sure you put in some ‘mobile magic’ (i.e. the information consumers are most interested in) such as your hours, location and directions.
2. Email. Long gone is the world when emails were only read on a PC. Now a big percentage of emails are being read on mobile phones. This means that you need to keep the subject line short and make sure that you make your message, brand name, offer and call to action as brief and to the point as possible. Equally, the design of your email should be simple and not too dense. Don’t forget to include a link to your website (preferably mobile!) or Facebook page.
3. Invite the visitors to your establishment to get on your mobile list so they can get special coupons. You might even want to put a sign at your cash register inviting them to do so. Give them a little extra incentive with a savings coupon or special offer.
4. Social media is a perfect fit with mobile; almost 50% of social media is consumed on mobile. Encourage your customers to join you on Twitter or Facebook
5. Location-based services like Foursquare also work really well with mobile. Encourage your customers to ‘check in’ to your business by offering a special offer.
6. Customer reviews are a great way to build your reputation on both location-based services and social media. Invite people to share their experiences with you whenever possible.
Click here to learn more about the Secrets to Successful Mobile Marketing!