(Want to learn more about how to succeed in mobile marketing? Please download my free “Secrets to Successful Mobile Marketing” video now)
- Morgan Stanley tells us that there will be 93 million smartphone shipments in the US in 2011.
- IDC predicts 183 billion mobile apps will be downloaded by 2015.
- eMarketer predicts mobile ad spending will reach 1 billion dollars by the end of 2011
But why is it that mobile advertising is not keeping up with the adoption rate of smartphones? Mobile ad spend is increasing but at a modest rate. 68% of marketers allocate only 1-20% of their spending to mobile marketing.
According to a study by the Relevancy Group, these are the problems marketers face with mobile advertising:
- Low ROI. 43% of the marketers surveyed said that low ROI from mobile ad campaigns was a big deterrent. 93% of those surveyed said they would increase mobile ad spending if they could figure out how to get a higher ROI.
- Accidental clicks. 56% of Fortune 500 marketers don’t like or don’t use click-based advertising and cite accidental clicks as a major problem.
On the positive side:
- 41% of marketers said their most effective mobile ad campaigns were those where they pay for signups which meant getting email addresses or social networking names of people who wanted to hear more.
Click here to learn more about the Secrets to Successful Mobile Marketing!