Here are 10 suggestions you may want to consider to spice up your social media programme in 2010:
- · Consider using less-known networks that cater to business owners or neighborhood businesses:
- · Strapped for time?
o Create an editorial calendar for Facebook and your blog so you can create content in a seamless manner
o Re-purpose your blog content in as many ways as possible
§ Offline media (newspapers)
- · Incorporate Flickr into your social media mix. Everyone loves a photo; integrate your Flickr photostream on your website
- · Add some social elements onto your website
o FAQs with a YouTube video
o Mini consumer forum where your customers can ask questions and share thoughts
· Consider creating podcasts to share some of your content.
o Interview people
o Read your blog posts out loud
- · Place your social media addresses on all the communications you distribute (flyers, pamphlets)
- · Identify your biggest fans on Twitter and Facebook and reward them with a free service/product. And then tell your community about it.
- · Reach out to other bloggers in your industry.
- · Use some basic YouTube videos to give customers a fun, behind-the-scenes glimpse of your company
- · Don’t forget off-line; follow up social media connections with ‘real-life’meetings or a phone conversations