Yesterday afternoon I took a long walk in the gardens of the Fontainebleau chateau. Located about 40 minutes south of Paris, the Fontainebleau chateau is exquisite, the gardens sublime.
I couldn’t help but laugh at how diametrically opposed the calm of the chateau is from the frantic pace of today’s world. And yet the lessons are so similar…
Is Marie-Antoinette and her entourage really so different from the companies today who dismiss the social web as a passing gimmick?
What were some of the mistakes made right before the French revolution?
- Didn’t heed the winds of change
- Isolated themselves
- Were convinced everything would remain the same
- Did too little too late
- Didn’t prepare for the future and thus lost the future forever
- Arrogantly believed in their rights as an elite
- Underestimated how much the ordinary person resented their sense of privilege
- Belittled the importance of exchange with the ‘little’ people
Definitely food for thought…
I am conducting a webinar on Thursday November 19th if you want to hear more about my insights on social media. The webinar, called Unleashing The Power of Social Media is free and is offered at two convenient times 9 am PST and 6 pm PST so people anywhere in the world can access the information. If you are a corporate executive, small business owner or running a non-profit, this webinar is designed for you. Spaces are limited so sign up immediately at http://bit.ly/24eLOk