Blogs are the original social media. When they first arrived on the scene, blogs constituted a veritable social media breakthrough, finally allowing us to easily create our own content (i.e. be our own publisher) and conduct ongoing 2 way conversations with our fans and followers.
If it isn’t already, your blog should absolutely be at the center of your social media and online presence. Your blog will deliver you the following benefits:
- A blog allows you to quickly establish authority in your field.
- A blog gives you a fast way to get input from your customers so that you can understand their problems, needs and opinions about your products and services. This ensures you will deliver exactly what your specific target audience needs.
- A blog is an SEO gift from heaven; it will help your search engine optimization efforts immeasurably. When you post 2-3 times a week, you will be giving Google exactly what it wants and it will help greatly with your position in Google. So instead of being on page 20 where no one will find you, a blog will help you reach the coveted top 3 positions on the first place so that your prospect can find you.
- A blog is the backbone of your web presence. All the content you create with your blog posts can then be shared and repurposed into podcasts, videos, tweets, Face book comments and conversations. Without this backbone, your social media and online efforts will just be a bunch of fragmented, unrelated conversations, with no beginning and no destination.
- A blog gives you an internet home. So when someone arrives at your blog, make absolutely sure that you have integrated an opt-in box (and free report) so that people will give you their names and email addresses. Once you start creating a list in this way, you will be able to begin converting visitors to your blog into paying customers
If you want to know more about the all-important subject of blogs, please sign up for the FREE once-in-a-lifetime teleseminar series called The Wise Women of the Web www.thewisewomenoftheweb.com Along with 11 other famous female thinkers online, I will be interviewed on the topic of Why Blogs Rock. So don’t miss it!