(Want to learn more about how to succeed in mobile marketing? Please download my free “Secrets to Successful Mobile Marketing” video now)
Here are the highlights of the study:
- Mobile devices are accessed frequently in stores which mean they have the potential to be a tremendous advertising vehicle for retailers.
o 9 out of 10 mobile users have accessed the mobile web while at a store
o 50% of in-store mobile web activity is related to shopping
o 48% of in-store mobile users take and/or send a picture of a product to a friend or family member
- 51% of consumers say they make a purchase after doing research on their mobile phone
o 16% use their mobile phones for shopping research
o 57% of mobile Internet users are extremely interested in using their mobile phones for shopping research in the next 12 months
- 1 in 5 mobile shoppers who have seen mobile ads while shopping say they always look at it.
- Consumers want their mobile ads to include price,, product features and benefits
- 86% of mobile Internet users (and 92% of 13-24ss) use their mobile devices at the same time they watch TV.
o 25% browse content related to what they are watching
- Mobile is perfect for impulse buys, time sensitive purchases and when a PC is not available
o 56% said it’s great when I’m not at my PC/laptop
o 45% said it’s great to research unplanned purchases
o 41% use it for impulse buys
Mobile shopping research is in its infancy. But it is clearly a fertile area. They key is to provide your audience with pertinent information right at the time of purchase or when they are doing their product research.
Click here to learn more about the Secrets to Successful Mobile Marketing!